This Spring, SV2 kicked off its first Advocacy learning series, with the aim of helping SV2 Partners, Grantees & Impact Investees, and the broader SV2 community to better evaluate whether, when, and how they want to incorporate advocacy as a social change tool in their philanthropy and work.
The series generated some great content and handouts that Partners and strategic allies may find useful as they continue on their advocacy learning journeys. SV2 Partners are welcome to dive into the full content library here on my.SV2. Below, we’re sharing some quick links to helpful resources and video recordings from all three workshops, some of which are available to all:
– Deep Dive Workshop #1 | “What it is, What it isn’t and How it fits in your Social Impact Toolkit” Featuring Christine Sherry of Sherry Consulting; Amanda Stanley, Executive Director of COMPASS, and Rebekah Saul Butler, Co-Executive Director of the Grove Foundation (February 2, 2018)
- SV2 Partners can access the video recordings, one-pagers and handouts here on my.SV2
– Deep Dive Workshop #2 | “Funding Advocacy, Funding Your Values” Featuring Sara Matlin of Bolder Advocacy and Salimah K. Hankins of Community Legal Services in East Palo Alto (CLSEPA)(March 28th, 2018)
- SV2 Partners can access the video recording, one-pagers and handouts here on my.SV2
– Deep Dive Workshop #3 | “Applying an Advocacy Lens to your Own Giving” Featuring Alexandra Acker Lyons and SV2 Partners Marcia Pade, Charlene Kabcenell, and Rick Tinsley (April 24, 2018)