The Community Deep Dive Grant Round — part of SV2‘s local Pathways to Opportunity focus — will look at the overlapping levers of education, workforce development, and basic needs in a particular geography: North Fair Oaks / Redwood City. The Grant Round is intended to help Partners learn more deeply about this particular community — SV2’s near neighbor — its history, assets, opportunities, and challenges, as well as the institutions and organizations which make up its social sector. We hope to engage with residents, community leaders, nonprofit leaders, school and government leaders, funders, and others who are invested in Redwood City’s success.
At the Grant Round Kickoff Meeting on January 28, an expert panel of community leaders will help us learn about the history and current landscape in North Fair Oaks / Redwood City. The panel discussion will set the stage for our learning and grantmaking deep dive into this community. The meeting will take place in the community, exact location TBD. Lunch served at 11:15am. Program begins at 11:30am. RSVP here.
As this is SV2’s first geographically-focused Grant Round, we expect to include some new elements. Early ideas include:
- The pool of applicant organizations will be sourced in part through direct input from community members
- Some Grant Round meetings will take place in the community
- A new approach to the application process: verbal “coffee chats” between small groups of Partners and nonprofit applicants will take the place of written grant applications
- One or more “Get Proximate” experiences will help Partners deepen their learning through authentic engagement in the community
- While still under discussion, the division of the grant funds (total $140k) might look different from SV2’s typical main Grantee + two finalist Grantees
The Grant Round will run from January to May, and is led by Partners Rachel Klausner and Kwok Lau and staff member Jody Chang.
Please contact Jody Chang if you would like to have your name added to the email list for this Grant Round and participate beginning in January.