POSITION: Development Coordinator
SV2 is seeking a motivated and detail-oriented Development Coordinator to support SV2’s donor recruitment and stewardship. This position offers a unique opportunity to work with an exciting group of local givers and dynamic social ventures in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
Silicon Valley Social Venture Fund (commonly known as SV2) is a nonprofit learning community of innovative givers committed to accelerating equity in the Bay Area through grantmaking and impact investing. SV2’s mission is to unleash the resources and talents of the Bay Area Community to achieve meaningful social impact. SV2 pursues its mission through an engaged giving model with three core lines of work:
- Grants & Impact Investments: Our donors (called “Donor Partners”) pool their capital to give financial support to high potential social ventures and work together to identify and fund the most promising organizations
- Beyond-the-Dollars Support: Many Donor Partners roll up their sleeves and contribute time and expertise in service of SV2 Grantees’ needs
- Immersive Learning: We offer workshops, speakers, immersive learning trips and other opportunities for Donor Partners and Grantees to augment their learning and growth
Five key tenets serve as guiding principles for SV2’s strategies. These tenets represent the values and purpose that SV2 seeks to infuse in our work:
- We will foster a community of continuous learners with Partners, Grantees, Investees, and community members.
- We will broaden the voices involved in our work as we seek to break down the traditional power dynamics in philanthropy.
- We will be leaders in practices that align giving and investing with personal values.
- We will work with our network of change makers to drive impact in our Bay Area community.
- Equity is a central through line in our work.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Development Coordinator will be supervised by the Chief Operating & Portfolio Officer and will work closely with the entire SV2 team. The person in this role will be a key member of SV2’s small, nimble team, helping to ensure the revenue that makes SV2’s mission possible. This person is resourceful and proactive, provides strategic and tactical support in stewarding donors, and is excited about fundraising in support of social impact.
Specific tasks will include:
- Support donor portfolios of the CEO and COO through donor identification and research, preparing briefing materials for donor meetings, ensuring prompt follow-up to close gifts, and supporting appropriate donor stewardship
- Maintain organized system for donor pipeline management by reviewing and updating database, recording appropriate follow-up actions, and uploading contact information
- Coordinate the Development Committee of the Board of Directors, including meeting management, supporting Board members in donor engagement activities, and creating a culture of inclusive donor stewardship
- Work closely with the CEO and COO to track fundraising progress and support efforts to exceed annual revenue targets
- Schedule donor meetings on behalf of the CEO and COO
- Create and maintain fundraising reports and dashboards
- Support fundraising-related events and activities
- Support grant application processes
- Draft individualized donor communications
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Passion for social change and commitment to equity
- Strong organizational skills, with outstanding attention to detail
- Excellent writing skills
- Entrepreneurial team player with a can-do approach to solving problems
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, take initiative and participate as a highly-effective team member
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, fluid work environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with wide range of individuals in a diverse community
- Ability to organize and coordinate activities and special events
- Database and records management skills
AN IDEAL CANDIDATE BRINGS:
- Experience in nonprofit fundraising or other related work within a social impact organization
- Experience with Salesforce, Excel, and Google Workspace
- Experience coordinating and executing events
- Experience creating compelling visual and written documents using Google, Canva or other tools
SALARY, BENEFITS, and WORK ENVIRONMENT
The annual starting salary for the Development Coordinator is $70,000 to $80,000. This full-time position meets the exemption requirements as defined by state and federal law. Hours are generally regular business hours, with occasional evening commitments. SV2’s benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 403b retirement plan with employer match, funds for professional development, thirteen paid holidays, and five weeks of paid time off per year.
Hybrid Work Environment:
SV2 is committed to the safety of our staff and to facilitating connection and community with one another. We have been working remotely since March 2020, but we are moving slowly into a hybrid work environment. We expect that going forward, we will be in our Redwood City office some days during the week, and working from home some days. We also expect that some of our programming will remain virtual and some will be conducted in person. Please note that in a constantly changing environment, SV2 team members will need to maintain flexibility.
SV2 is committed to providing our staff with a safe work environment and helping to promote the health of our community. As such, SV2 will require all employees to confidentially show proof of COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment, unless they are unable to receive the vaccine because of a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief or practice.
SV2 values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. SV2 is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity organization. We are committed to equity and to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To apply, please send a cover letter and your resume (in one PDF) with the subject line in the following format — YOUR NAME, DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR — to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Thank you for your interest, and we look forward to hearing from you!